What is the home screen layout and its benefits?
The screen layout is the structure of your phone’s home screen. This
is where you can keep track of all of your favorite applications and widgets.
the home screen layout option is activated on your phone, you won’t be able to
move any applications or widgets. If this option is enabled, it provides several
- You can’t uninstall any apps from your home screen.
- Can’t move any apps.
- You can’t change the layout structure.
- Can’t change the widget position.
As a result, you can use these features to prevent apps from being unintentionally moved or uninstalled.
Let’s straight to the main topic. Follow the below steps to unlock your home screen layout.
How to unlock home screen layout from settings?
- Open settings from your smartphone.
- Find the Home screen option and tap on it.
- You will find lock home screen layout option is enabled. Tap on the toggle button to disable.
- Now your home screen layout is unlocked.
How to unlock home screen layout from home screen (shortcut)?
- Long press on an empty space on your home screen.
- Tap on settings.
- Tap on the toggle button beside the “Lock home screen layout” option to unlock the home screen.
- Follow the same to lock your home screen layout.
How to unlock the home screen layout in oppo?
- Open settings options from your oppo mobile.
- Now go to the home screen & lock screen magazine option.
- In the next window, you will find that the lock home screen option is enabled. Tap on it to disable the option.
How to remove home screen layout lock in Samsung S8, S9, and S10?
- Open settings options from your Samsung mobile.
- Now go to the display option.
- Now find the home screen option and tap on it.
- Now tap on the lock home screen layout option to unlock.
How to unlock screen layout on Huawei?
- First, open the settings option from your Huawei android smartphone.
- Now Find the home screen and wallpaper option. Then Tap on it.
- After that, you need to select the home screen settings option.
- Now tap on the lock layout option to unlock your home screen layout.
Video Tutorial to unlock home screen layout
Friends below are questions related to the home screen layout. Many people Also search for their answers. So I added them to this article for my readers.
Q1. How do I unlock my home screen layout on my Android?
After the android pie update, you will find this option on every android smartphone. To unlock the home screen layout on any android phone, you need to use a simple trick.
First, go to the home screen by tapping the home button. Then hold your finger for a while on the empty space.
After that, some options will appear below. From them select settings. Now find the lock home screen layout option. Then tap on it to disable or enable the lock home screen.
Q2. Is the home screen layout option good?
If you enable this option you can’t move or uninstall any apps from your home screen. But if you want to change the style of your home screen then you must disable this option. So it depends on you.
Q3. Where are the home screen settings?
I hope you enjoyed this article on how to unlock home screen layout on android. You can use this feature to prevent app deletion or uninstalling. But sometimes you need to make changes on your home screen then you need to unlock your home screen.
And in this situation, this tutorial will help you. Share it with your friends. If they also faced the same problem. For more guides, you can check our How to guides section.
You can leave a comment below if you have any other questions or concerns about this topic. I’ll do my best to address your situation. Thank you visit again!