What to know
- How to put this pc on desktop in windows 10: Settings > personalization > theme > Desktop icon settings.
- How to add this pc to desktop in windows 11: Right-click on desktop > personalise > Themes > Desktop icon settings.
Hello, friends today in this article I will show you how to put this pc on desktop. Easily add this PC shortcut on windows 10, 11, or another operating system.
We like to keep the thing we need to access the most when working on the computer as a shortcut on our desktop. It is easier to find programs on the windows desktop than it is to find them in the start menu.
The operating system is newly installed or for any other reason, my computer or this PC shortcut does not exist on the desktop.
So if you want to add this pc shortcut to the desktop then stay with me till the end of this article. I will tell you how to add this pc or my computer shortcut to the desktop on Windows 10, Windows 11, or any other Windows operating system.
This shortcut is actually a link to the all-hard disk partition. This folder contains shortcuts to all the computer’s drives and installs.
So if you want to quickly access all of your computer drives then it is good to add this pc to your desktop. So let’s start without further ado.
How to add this pc to desktop in windows 10?
Step 1: First right-click on your desktop empty space.
Step 2: Now choose the personalize option.
Step 3: From the left panel select Themes.
Step 4: Now look at the right side and click on Desktop icon settings.
Step 5: A pop-up appears. Choose computer and then click on Apply and ok.
Step 6: You will see that this pc is successfully added to your desktop.
How to add this pc to desktop in windows 11?
Step 1: Right-click on Desktop and choose Personalise.
Step 2: Click on the third option Themes.
Step 3: Scroll down and you will see desktop icon settings below the related settings. Click on it.
Step 4: A new pop-up appears. Check the computer option and then click on Apply and ok.
How to rename this pc as my computer?
Friends, you know that in windows 7 or in the older version of windows this pc is named my computer. So if you loved this name till now then you can easily change it as you want.
- On your desktop select and right-click on this pc icon.
- Now choose Rename.
- Now give the name as “My computer” and press enter.
How to add this pc or my computer shortcut to the start menu?
If you want to this pc icon to the start menu, then you can also do this easily by following some simple steps:
- Right-click on this pc icon.
- Choose the pin to start option.
- You can also add another icon to your start menu by following these steps.
Show or hide desktop icons
With a single click, you can show or hide your desktop icons. If you are recording your screen and want to hide all desktop icons then you can do it in a single step. Here’s how:
- Right-click on the empty space of your desktop.
- Now you will find the show desktop icon option is checked.
- Click on it to uncheck. And your all desktop icon going hide.
- Do the same to back all the icons on the desktop.
FAQs on how to add this PC to desktop
Friends below are some questions related to adding this pc icon to the desktop. Many people ask on search engines or forums. So I added them to this for my readers.
Q1. How do I put this PC on my desktop?
To put this pc or any other icon go to settings > personalization > theme > desktop icon settings.
Q2. How do I add a shortcut to my desktop?
1. Apps shortcut: Open the start menu > choose the apps > drag and drop to the desktop.
2. Files shortcut: Open the file location you want to create a shortcut > right-click > choose create a shortcut > move to the desktop.
3. Webpage shortcut: open the webpage on your internet browser > now select the URL > drag and drop to the desktop to create a shortcut.
Friends I hope you will get the solution for how to add this pc to desktop. One thing you must remind that if your windows operating system isn’t activated then you can’t perform to add this pc icon to the desktop. So make sure that your windows operating system is activated.
By the way, if you have any other questions related to this topic then you must tell me in the comment. And share it with your friends and on social media.