How to turn off read receipts on Instagram? Is there a way to disable read receipts on Instagram?
If you have such questions on your mind then you are in the right place and I hope you will get the best answers from this article.
There are no dedicated options or features on Instagram to turn off the read receipts directly. But don’t worry! In this article, I share some tricks that work 100%.
You just need to follow all these tricks properly and you can successfully read any message without knowing them.
Whenever there is a message on Instagram it shows on our phone as a notification. And when we click on that notification it counts as read receipts. That means the sender understands that you have read his messages.
So first of all you need to turn off Instagram message notifications so that you don’t tap by mistake. Here’s how:
Turn off Instagram message notifications
- Open the Instagram app and go to the profile option.
- Tap on the hamburger menu at the top right corner.
- Tap on settings.
- Choose notifications.
- Choose direct messages and calls.
- Under the message request and messages tap on the circle next to off.
So, guys, after doing these settings, you can use any of the tips that are listed below that you find helpful. Friends, let’s find out the tricks without wasting time.
Method 1: By enabling Airplane Mode
- Open the Instagram application.
- In the top right corner, tap the messenger icon.
- Next, scroll down from the top of the screen to open Control Center on iPhone or the Quick Settings menu on Android.
- Turn on airplane mode by tapping on the icon. And makes sure that your Wi-Fi is also turned off.
- Now you can read your messages.
- Once done exit the inbox and go to the profile page.
- Again tap on the hamburger menu and choose settings.
- Then tap on logout.
- When the logout is completed turn the airplane mode off and reconnect to the internet. Then log back into your account.
Method 2: Restrict the user
You can restrict a person on Instagram if you wish to view his messages without alerting him.
This will not block the account and will not unfollow only the account will be restricted. And all messages sent by this user will go to the request message option.
Where you can easily read the message sent by this user and he will not know when you have read or seen his message. Know how to restrict users and read their messages:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Search for the username and open it.
- Tap the dropdown arrow next to the Follow button and tap the Restrict option.
- Confirm by tapping Restrict Account.
- Now go to messenger > request section to read messages for restricted users. He won’t know when you read his message or when you are online.
If you want, you can unrestricted the account again by following the same steps.
Friends below are some questions related to how to turn off read receipts on Instagram? Many people search for their answers on search engines or forums. So I collect and added them to this article for my readers.
Q1. How Do I Disable Read Receipts on Instagram?
Q2. Can you turn off read receipts for one person on Instagram?
Hopefully by following the two methods discussed above you can read any user’s message without letting them know.
For the Airplane Mode method, you must ensure that your phone is not connected to any Wi-Fi network even after Airplane Mode is turned on.
Then disconnect the Wi-Fi network and read the message. And once the message is read, you must log out of your account. And then turn off airplane mode again and connect the phone to the internet again and log in.
If you have any more questions related to this topic, please comment below. And you can check our Instagram section for more such tips related to Instagram.