Would you like to unlink Facebook and Instagram accounts for your privacy? Don’t worry, in today’s step-by-step article I will tell you how to unlink Facebook and Instagram.
In 2012, Facebook bought Instagram. And since then Facebook and Instagram have become integrated with each other. It also has many benefits. When friends have Instagram and Facebook accounts connected to each other. For example, if you post a story on Instagram, you can share it directly on Facebook without visiting Facebook.
You can also share posts. You will find Facebook friends as suggestions on Instagram. And you will find friends on Instagram as suggestions on Facebook.
But if you want to separate Facebook and Instagram for your privacy concerns, then Facebook and Instagram also do it for their users.
Maybe you want to share different content on two social media platforms. Or you may not want your Facebook friends to see your Instagram activity. Now the question is how to delete Facebook accounts from Instagram. Here’s the guide.
How to unlink Facebook and Instagram iPhone and Android apps?
- First, open Instagram apps from your android or iOS device.
- Now click on the profile icon from the below right side.
- Now at the top right corner, you will find a hamburger icon. Click on it and select settings from below.
- Now tap on Accounts and profiles. Here you will find both accounts Facebook and Instagram.
- Click on Facebook accounts and select Remove from accounts center.
- Now on the next page, you will ask that do you want to disable connected experiences for your account. Click on continue.
How to unlink Facebook and Instagram on the computer?
Friends you can also use your computer to unlink Facebook and Instagram accounts. If you use Instagram through your computer or pc. Don’t worry! Follow the below guide.
- First, open Instagram through your web browser and log in with your Instagram id and password.
- Now you will find a profile icon at the top right corner. Click on it and select settings.
- After opening the Instagram settings page scroll down and select Accounts center from the left panel.
- Now you will find your connected profile list from the accounts and profiles tab. Click on the Facebook accounts. A new pop-up appears, where you need to select remove from accounts center.
- Again a new pop-up appears. Click on continue and select remove [profile].
How to manage your post and stories sharing automatically?
Friends, you can control your Instagram post. You can manage how its share with Facebook. You can set it automatically. Either you can disable it through the accounts center. Here’s how.
- First, open Instagram apps and tap on the profile icon.
- Now click on the three-line icon and select settings.
- In the settings page, scroll down and select Accounts center.
- Here you will the option to manage connected experiences. Below this option select story and post sharing. Now choose your Instagram accounts.
- In the next window look for below and find automatically share. Toggle on or off your post and story option.
Friends if you allow to connect your Facebook and Instagram accounts to each other during new account creation, don’t worry. By following this guide you can easily separate them. If you have a privacy concern then you can use this option. Either it will give you auto-post or story-sharing features. The choice is yours.
I hope you find this article helpful. If yes please share it with your friends and social media platforms. If you have any further questions related to this topic then comment below. I will try to solve your problem.
Below are some questions related to how to unlink Facebook and Instagram? Many people ask for their answers. So I added them to this article for my readers.
Q1. How do I find linked accounts on Facebook?
If you want to find linked accounts on Facebook, then you need to find the accounts center option from Facebook.
To find accounts center open Facebook > Click on the hamburger menu from top right corner > settings & privacy > settings > scroll down and select accounts center. Here you will find the connected accounts lists.
Q2. How do I know if my Facebook is connected to Instagram?
Want to know if your Facebook and Instagram link each other. Then you need to take the help of Facebook and Instagram accounts center. You can open an accounts center from both apps (Facebook & Instagram).
To open accounts center from Instagram, open Instagram apps > click on profile icon > tap on three line > settings > accounts center.
To open accounts center from Facebook, open FB apps > click on three-line icon > settings & privacy > settings > accounts center.
After opening accounts center if you find that setup accounts center option that means Facebook is not connected to Instagram. But if you find the account details of your both social media platform then it’s connected.
Q3. Can my Facebook friends see my Instagram?
If both accounts are connected to each other and you allow to share your Instagram post to Facebook automatically then it’s visible. You can disable auto post share and change your privacy public to only me on Facebook.