By default, the taskbar is located at the bottom of the screen in the Windows operating system. If you want to move or resize it for your convenience, you need to unlock it. So friends, in today’s step-by-step guide tutorial, I will tell you how to unlock the taskbar.
What is the taskbar?
The taskbar is a bar on the display of the Windows operating system. That allows to create a graphical user interface between the computer and the user. Also allows users to easily access their favorite applications.
Friends In simple words, the taskbar helps you to open any application directly or switch from any application to another application. You can also pin any of your favourite applications with the help of this taskbar.
In addition, the taskbar shows the time and date. By using the taskbar you can get the details of the application running in the background from the notification area.
You can resize or move the taskbar to any side of the display. And you can do all this only when the taskbar is unlocked.
Hope you are curious to know. In today’s tutorial, I will tell you three different ways to unlock the taskbar. So friends, let’s start without delay.
How to unlock the taskbar from the taskbar?
- First, right-click on any empty space in the taskbar
- A pop-up window opens. And below you will find an option to lock the taskbar is checked. Simply click on it to unlock the taskbar.
- Again follow the same process if you want to lock your taskbar again.
How to unlock the taskbar from windows settings?
- First, you need to open settings apps (windows + I).
- Now select personalization.
- In the next window select the taskbar from the left panel.
- You will find that the first option “lock the taskbar” is enabled. Now click on It to disable or unlock the taskbar.
Unlock the taskbar using the registry editor
- Press Windows + R keys together to open the run dialogue box.
- Now type Regedit and click on ok or press enter key to open the registry editor.
- Below the menu bar, you will find an address bar. Remove the existing path. Now enter this path👉 HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced.
- Now press the enter key.
- After opening the path find and select TaskbarSizeMove from the right side. If this option is not available then create a new Dword 32 value with this name.
- Now double-click on it and change the value data from 0 to 1 to unlock the taskbar.
- You need to restart your system or restart windows explorer to change the effect.
Read Also: How to hide taskbar without activation?
Friends below are some questions related to this topic. Many people search for their answers on the search engine. So I collect those questions from different forums and search engines. And added to this article for my readers.
Q1. How do I unfreeze my taskbar?
If your taskbar not working or going to freeze, then you can easily unfreeze it. To do that you need to open task manager using a shortcut key. Press the ctrl + shift +Esc keys together. After opening the task manager, select windows explorer and then click on restart from the below right side.
Q2. How to unlock the taskbar in windows 7?
Unlocking the taskbar in Windows 7, 8, or 10 is the same process. Just right-click on any empty space in the taskbar. Then click on the lock taskbar option to uncheck the option. That’s it.
So friends I hope you enjoyed this article on how to unlock the taskbar. If you follow the first method and it didn’t work for you then you can try the next method. Because I will discuss three different methods to unlock your taskbar.
If you have any other questions regarding this article then comment below. I will try to solve your problem as soon as possible. Visit our how-to section for more.