In this post, we will guide you through the steps on how to delete downloaded videos from Telegram.
Telegram is a popular instant messaging app known for its security and rich features. Among the many features of Telegram is a feature where users can download videos to enjoy offline.
However, over time, you might want to delete these videos as they consume valuable storage on your phone.
So if you feel the need to free up storage space on your device and organize all the media you’ve downloaded from Telegram, you’ve come to the right place.
Telegram has an in-built feature to delete downloaded files, videos, etc. and free up your device’s storage space.
You just need to set a time frame and your video will be automatically deleted after that time.
You can also manually delete downloaded videos from Telegram if you want.
The procedure to delete Telegram files is the same for Android and iPhone devices.
I have mentioned two methods in this blog post. Keep reading the post till the end to know the details.
How to delete downloaded videos from Telegram
- Open the Telegram app.
- Tap on the hamburger menu in the top left corner and select settings.
- Scroll down and select Data and Storage.
- Choose storage usage.
- Scroll down and select Media right side of the chat option.
- Here you will see the preview of all the media downloaded from Telegram. Choose the files you want to delete you can choose multiple media.
- Now tap on the Clear button at the top right corner.
- Either you can set a time frame In the Auto remove cached media option.
How to delete telegram videos from phone storage
- Open your File manager.
- Go to Internal Storage.
- Choose Android > Media > org.Telegram.messenger > Select Telegram.
- In the next folder, you will see the Telegram images, audio, video, and documents folder. So you can delete the files you want by entering the folder.
If you don’t find org.Telegram.messenger folder in internal storage then you can check your SD card or external storage.
There are many related questions on how to delete telegram videos. Many people are searching for their answers because they face the problem while performing to delete any media from Telegram. So I added them to this blog post for my readers.
Q1. Where are Telegram downloads stored?
After downloading any media or files from Telegram it will be stored on Internal storage/Android/media/org.Telegram.messenger/Telegram folder.
Q2. How to delete files from the Telegram channel?
If you want to delete files from a particular channel then follow the below-mentioned procedure.
1. First open Telegram.
2. Go to the settings option by clicking on the Hamburger menu at the top left.
3. Click on Data and Storage option.
4. Then select the Storage Usage option.
5. Scroll down until you will see the list of your Telegram channels in the chat option. Tap the channel you want to delete the media file from.
6. By default, all media files will be selected. If there is a file you want to keep, tap on it to deselect and then click Clear Cache.
Q3. Can you delete Telegram videos?
Yes, you can delete Telegram videos. For that, you have to follow one of the methods I share already in this article.
I hope you can easily delete downloaded media files or videos from your Telegram by following this guide.
You can delete videos from Direct Telegram if you want. Or you can also delete them from the folder where Telegram videos are stored in your phone memory.
I have mentioned two methods in this article. If you face any problem then definitely comment us.
For more Telegram-related tips, latest news and other social media tips, and tutorials, you can follow us on Google News.