Friend’s today techsukhen teach you how to take screenshot in laptop. If you want to capture a screenshot of something on your computer screen, Windows 10 offers you a couple of methods.
Whether you want to save the whole screenshot or just a part of it. Windows 10 has many built-in tools as well as many keyboard shortcuts to capture a screenshot.
Windows and Mac os have their own set of methods or commands for capturing screenshots on laptops. And this can be a challenge if you are not well-versed with them. But there is no reason to worry. I will cover every method in this article.
Here are the list of all methods to take screenshots on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Macintosh laptops.
How to take screenshot in laptop windows 10
Friends to take screenshots on windows 10 laptops there are many techniques available. All the methods are very easy and simple to use. The steps for how to take screenshots on a laptop windows 7 are the same. Let’s see:
1. Take a screenshot on Windows 10/8/7 with the PrtSc key
The easiest way is to take a screenshot of the entire screen of a laptop with the help of a print screen key (labeled ‘PrtSc’).
On some keyboards, basically in laptop keyboards, you need the help of a functional key (labeled like ‘Fn’) for using a print screen key. You will find the PrtScn button mostly in the top right corner of your keyboard.
- Simply press the key to take a screenshot of your entire screen which will save in the clipboard.
- Now open any apps that can display an image like paint, or Microsoft word.
- After opening the apps press CTRL + V to paste your screenshot. Now you can easily save your screenshot anywhere on your desktop by pressing CTRL + S.
2. Capture a screenshot of the active window using (Alt + PrtSc)
Friends if you want to take a screenshot of the active window (The screen you are active on now), you can use the alt print screen key.
- Press the alt prtscn key together to capture the active window in the clipboard.
- Now open Paint and press Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot.
- Now save your screenshot anywhere you want.
3. take a screenshot of a specific portion of your screen using (windows key + shift + s)
Want to take a screenshot of a specific portion of your screen then you can do it easily. Take a look:
- Press the Windows key + shift + s together.
- Your screen will Dim and the mouse pointer also changes to drag the specific portion.
- Now drag your mouse pointer on the screen you want to capture.
- Once you completed it shows a notification and also it saves in the clipboard.
- Open the MSpaint and press CTRL + V to paste your image. Save it.
4. Directly save your screenshot using the Windows key + PrtSc
Take a screenshot then paste it into another app and saving the image is a very lengthy process. So if you want to avoid this you can follow the below method:
- Hold windows key + PrtSc together.
- Your screen will dim for a while to capture the entire screen.
- It will automatically save to the picture folder. You can find it by going through Picture > screenshots.
5. How to take a screenshot on Windows 10 using the Game Bar
This option is for gamers. Who wants to take a screenshot on a windows 10 laptop. You can also record videos with the help of the game bar.
- When you play the game press windows key + G together. It will open the game bar overlay.
- Now you will find a camera icon tap on it to take the screenshot.
- This screenshot will automatically save to the Videos > captures folder.
6. How to take a screenshot on Windows 10 using the Snipping Tool
Microsoft Windows includes many helpful utility tools. One of them snipping tool. With the help of this, you can easily take a screenshot and save it as an image without pasting it into another program.
- Click on the start menu and type the snipping tool. Now open the tool.
- In the menu bar, you will find the mode option. Click on the drop-down arrow and select the screenshot mode (free form, rectangular, window, and full-screen snip).
- Now click on the new option to take the screenshot. Your screen going to fade and the mouse pointer will change.
- Now drag your cursor to take the screenshot. It will open in snipping tools a new window. Here you will find many options to edit your screenshot.
- Now click on File > save as to save the screenshot.
How to take a screenshot on a laptop mac
Friends in Macintosh laptops, many methods are available to take a screenshot. Like windows 10, here you can take screenshots in different ways.
For this, you need to know about different commands. Which I have discussed very nicely in this article. Let’s check:
How to take a full screenshot on mac (Command + Shift + 3)
- Friends if you want to take a screenshot of the entire screen of your mac laptop then hold the Command + shift + 3 keys together.
- After pressing the command it will take the entire screenshot and save it as a png file on your desktop and the name like the screenshot with the date and time.
How to take a specific portion screenshot on mac (Command + shift + 4)
- Friends if you want to take a screenshot of a specific portion of your screen then press the command + shift + 4 keys together.
- Now your mouse pointer turns into a crosshair.
- Now drag the crosshair anywhere on the screen to take the specific portion screenshot. It will also save your screenshot on the desktop.
How to take a freehand screenshot on mac (Command + shift + 5)
- Friends if you want to take the screenshot according to your liking then press the command + shift + 5 keys together from your keyboard.
- After pressing the command it will enable a box option with a bunch of options.
- Now adjust the box as per your requirement and press the enter key. Or you can select ‘capture selected portion’ from the small panel.
How to take a touch bar screenshot on mac (Command + shift + 6)
If you want to take a screenshot of the touch bar on the MacBook, hold the command + shift + 6 key tougher.
FAQs on how to take screenshots in laptop
Friends below are the list of some question that many people also ask for the answer. So I added them to this article for my readers.
If you think I am wrong and have a better suggestion for any question, please comment below or send a message on our contact us page.
Q1. How to take screenshots on a laptop windows 10 in hp/dell/Lenovo?
Friends to take a screenshot there are no different methods for different brands. No matter which laptop brand you use. Be it Lenovo, dell or hp.
If you use Windows 10 operating system on your laptop the method of taking screenshots is the same for all brands. Below is the list of some shortcut keys for taking screenshots on windows 10.
Print screen (PrtSc): It will take the entire screenshot of your display.
Alt + PrtSc: If you want to take the active window screenshot then use this combination.
Windows + shift +s: Your screen will dim and the mouse pointer will change. Use this for taking screenshots of a specific portion.
Windows + G: to open the game bar and take screenshots, record videos, etc.
Windows + S: take a screenshot and directly save it to the picture > screenshot folder.
Q2. Which tool is used to take screenshots on a laptop?
Generally snip and sketch, snipping tool, and game bar are used to take a screenshot on the laptop. These are the windows 10 built-in screenshot tools.
But there are also many third-party apps available for taking screenshots like Snagit, greenshot, pickpick, Camtasia, etc.
So friends I think you like and enjoyed this guide on how to take screenshot in laptop. Now you can easily take screenshots on your laptop with this guide. Also, don’t forget to share it. Because share is care.
If you support me then I will get motivated and bring more interesting articles for you. If you have any doubts then comment below. Either you can ask any question regarding this topic on the contact us page.