Want to take a break from Instagram? Good! This step-by-step guide tutorial shows you how to deactivate Instagram account temporarily.
Without deleting all the photos, likes, comments, and all activity you can easily deactivate your account temporarily.
What is the process if you want to deactivate your Instagram account temporarily and reactivate it later? If you are interested to know all the processes then you are in the right place.
What happens if you deactivate your Instagram account?
If you deactivate your Instagram account your profile will be hidden. Also, your posts, likes, and comments will be hidden. If you log in again your account will reactivate automatically.
Now the question is how to deactivate your account temporarily. You can’t deactivate your Instagram account from Android apps.
Only you can use the mobile browser for Android, a browser for computers, and apps on iPhone to deactivate your account. So follow the below methods to deactivate your Instagram account temporarily.
How to deactivate Instagram account temporarily on mobile
- Open and log in to Instagram from your mobile browser.
- Tap on the profile icon and then choose the Edit profile option.
- Now scroll down and tap on Temporarily deactivate my account.
- In the next step choose the reason why you deactivate your account and then enter your password.
- Tap on the temporary Deactivate Account button.
- For confirmation tap on Yes. Your account has been temporarily disabled. Login back to reactivate your account when you want.
How to deactivate instagram iPhone
- Open the Instagram app and tap on the profile icon at the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the three lines (hamburger menu) at the top right and select settings.
- Now go to Account > Delete account.
- Tap on Deactivate Account.
- Now choose the reason why you want to deactivate your account temporarily. Enter your password.
- Now Tap on Temporarily Deactivate Account.
How to deactivate your instagram account temporarily on a computer
- Open and log in to your Instagram account from a browser on your PC.
- Click on the profile photo at the top right corner and choose the profile option.
- Now select Edit Profile.
- Scroll down and click on temporarily deactivate my account.
- In the next window choose the reason and enter the password.
- Then click on Temporarily Deactivate Account. Confirm again for the action.
Friends I hope you enjoyed this step-by-step guide on how to deactivate Instagram account temporarily. If you don’t want to delete your Instagram account but need to take a break then deactivating your account temporarily is a good option.
Here I share all the methods to do that. One thing you should keep in mind is that you can’t directly deactivate your account from Android apps. You need to choose the internet browser.
All the methods are described properly. Even if you face any problem related to this topic, don’t forget to comment below. I will try to solve your problem.
Please share it with your friends and family and support us. For more guides like this, you can check the Instagram section.