Hello friends, welcome to another new step-by-step guide tutorial. Today I will discuss how to change Snapchat to dark mode on Android and iOS devices. What you learn from this article:
We all know that Snapchat is a popular social media like Facebook, WhatsApp, or Instagram. With the help of Snapchat, you can share photos, videos, or text. Also, you can add special effects using the Snapchat lens, add filters, sound effects, face swap with friends, etc.
Different social media provides different features for its users. But one of the features of Snapchat that sets it apart from all these social media. That is self-destruct message i.e. if you send an SMS to your recipient it is automatically deleted after a few seconds.
By the way, you may have noticed the Dark Mode option in all social media, So that Snapchat also implemented this feature for its users.
Related Reading: How to enable dark mode on Facebook?
If you are an iOS device user then you can easily enable dark mode on Snapchat. But if you are an android user then you need to use some tricks to enable dark mode on Snapchat. So stay with me till the end of this article to know how to enable Snapchat dark mode.
How to change Snapchat to dark mode on android
Friends you cannot directly enable dark mode through Snapchat apps. Because it’s not publically announced for android users. But don’t worry! You need to use some tricks, with the help of which you can easily convert Snapchat into dark mode. Here’s how.
- First, open your phone settings.
- Now go to display.
- Now enable the dark mode.
- Again go back to settings and click on the about phone section.
- Click on software information.
- Now find an option build number, software version. If you are a redmi user then you need to find the MIUI version option. Once you find this option tap 6 times on this option until you got a message that now you are a developer.
- In the next step go back to the settings option. And at the bottom, you will find the developer option. If you are a redmi user then go back to settings > additional settings > developer option.
- Now enter in the developer option and scroll down to enable force dark mode or override dark mode.
- Now check that your Snapchat automatically converts into dark mode.
How to change Snapchat to dark mode on iPhone
- First, open Snapchat from your ios device.
- Now at the top left corner, you will find your profile icon. Tap on it.
- At the top right corner, you will find a gear icon, click on it to open the settings option.
- Now scroll down and select the app appearance option.
- After that select the always dark option to enable dark mode in Snapchat.
FAQ’s on Snapchat dark mode
Friends below are some questions related to dark mode on Snapchat that many people asked for their answer. Many people face problems while they try to activate dark mode in Snapchat asked for their solution in many forums and search engine. So I added them in this article with answers for my readers.
Q1. How to get dark mode on Snapchat without app appearance?
Friends if you are an ios user then you will find this option app appearance in the settings. And easily enable dark mode. But if you are an android user then you can’t find this option in the Snapchat app.
For this reason, you want to know that how you can enable Snapchat dark mode without app appearance. Ok, Don’t worry! You need to use some tricks to do that. Please check the section I already discuss that how to enable dark mode on android devices.
Q2. Is there Dark Mode for Snapchat?
Friends for some users Snapchat has launched dark mode. If you are an ios user then you can enjoy dark mode. But for android users, Snapchat has not launched this option till now. Maybe in the future, Snapchat includes this feature for android.
Q3. How do I update my Snapchat?
If your Snapchat is not updated then go to the play store and search for Snapchat. If there is any update available then you will find an option update. Click on it to update the app.
Q4. Why can’t I get Dark Mode on Snapchat?
If you are an Apple user then follow this process. First, update your Snapchat apps. Now open Snapchat and click on the profile icon. Then select settings > app appearance > always dark mode.
If you are an android user then enable your system dark mode. Then enable force dark mode from the developer option. I already discuss this method in this article.
Friends I hope now you can easily enable Snapchat dark mode on your android and ios devices. You know that Snapchat does not launch dark mode for android. Maybe in the future, they added this option. I recommend you to use dark mode at night for a better experience and reduce eye strain.
If you face any problems or any queries related to this article then comment below. I will try to solve it as soon I can. Also, share this article with your social media friends and spread your love. Thank you!