Hello, friends welcome to Techsukhen. Today I am going to share with you an exciting topic about how to share location on whatsapp?
WhatsApp introduced its new feature of sharing real-time GPS location many days ago. But many of you didn’t know how to use it.
Suppose, for the first time, your friend is coming to your house. But he can’t find your home address.
In this case, if you share your current location through WhatsApp, he will be able to easily find your address.
In addition, you can use this location-sharing feature of WhatsApp for many different purposes. Additionally, you can choose the duration of your live location sharing.
WhatsApp’s location-sharing feature lets you share two types of locations: live location and current location.
Now maybe you are wondering to know what the difference between live location and current location is?
Difference between the Live location and the current location
Current location means where you are present. But if you share a live location, it will show your real-time location.
Suppose you are in a car and share your live location with someone, then it will show your real-time location and change automatically. Where the current location is fixed.
Now the question is how to use these WhatsApp features on your android and iPhone?
Let’s stay with me till the end of this article to know how to use this whatsapp feature.
The great thing is that this feature is totally free and you can only share your location with your WhatsApp friend. That means there is no privacy risk. So let’s start.
How to share location on whatsapp
- Open whatsapp chat.
- Click on the attachment icon.
- Select Location.
- It will ask you to enable GPS (if your GPS is disabled). Enable it.
- A Map is open. Click on the location for the actual result.
- Now below tap on send your current location.
How to share live location on whatsapp
- Open chat in whatsapp.
- Now tap on the attachment icon, then select location (you must enable location).
- Tap on the location icon for the actual result.
- Now tap on the share live location.
- Then select the time limit you want to share.
- Now tap on the send icon.
- If you want to stop sharing your location at any time then tap on stop sharing.
How to share location on whatsapp iPhone
- First, go to settings then tap on privacy.
- Enable the first option location services.
- Now open your friend’s whatsapp chat.
- On the left side tap on the plus icon.
- You will find many options. Tap on share your location.
- A map will open and it will load for a while. Click on send location.
Q1. How to share location on whatsapp from google maps
- First, open google maps from your device.
- Choose your location.
- Now tap on the current location icon.
- Tap on the share location option.
- Now choose whatsapp.
- Select the contact.
- Then tap on the send button.
Q2. How to share the location on whatsapp status?
- Open Google Maps.
- Now choose the location you want to share.
- Tap on the current location icon.
- Then choose the share location option.
- Now choose whatsapp.
- Then tap on My Status.
- Tap on the send button to share.